Full-time position reporting to the Assistant General Manager, the Golf Course Superintendent will be responsible for the efficient operation of the Golf Course and all related golf course maintenance activities, including a hands-on focus with the team. The successful candidate will be able to recognize the importance of contributing to a cohesive team environment; being an effective communicator; being efficient and organized; being a constant learner; supporting other Members of the Team; providing service excellence to members and guests at every moment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional service for all guests; representing White Squirrel Golf Club in a
the professional manner at all times
- Prepare and manage the operating budget in collaboration with Assistant General Manager
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers maximizing the productivity of staff and resolving conflicts as they arise
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers at all times
- Liaise with suppliers of equipment and tools ensuring cost-effectiveness and quality
- Develop short and long term business goals with assistance from Assistant General Manager
- Manage the environmental health of the greens and ensure that the facilities meet the needs of the golfers
- Ensure the application of fertilizers and pesticides, meet all environmental regulations.
- Supervise and schedule the work of contractors for purposes of facilities and equipment maintenance
- Oversee the golf car fleet and order supplies and maintenance equipment as required
- Keep accurate records i.e. IPM, Scouting etc.
- Hiring and training of all new seasonal crew
- Scheduling of golf maintenance crew ensuring sufficient coverage is available to maintain the greens
- Ensure that both the mechanical and physical assets of the property are maintained and kept up to the standards that coincide with the property operations.
- Graduated with a degree or diploma in Turf Management from a recognized College or University.
- Knowledge of the Rules of Golf and enjoys playing the game
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Golf Course Superintendent or Assistant Golf Superintendent.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license in good standing
- A valid Ontario Landscape Exterminator License
- IPM certified agent
- Chainsaw License
- Excellent computer literacy
- AED, CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to obtain
- Worker Health and Safety 4 Step Awareness Certificate
- Supervisor Health and Safety 5 Step Awareness Certificate
- Certified Joint Occupational Health and Safety Certification an asset
- Knowledge and experience with Rainbird IC Irrigation System and asset
- Knowledge of Reel and Bed Knife grinding an asset
- Name: Shelly Price
- Position: Manager, Human Resources
- Name of Company: White Squirrel Golf Club
- Address 1: 72538 Bluewater Hwy
- City: Zurich, ON
- Country: Canada
- Province: ON
- Postal Code: N0M 2T0
- Telephone: 5192364030