White Squirrel Golf Club COVID-19 Protocols
The health and safety of members, guests, and staff at White Squirrel Golf Club is our number one priority. Please familiarize yourself with these protocols prior to arriving at our golf facility. It is essential that golfers take these policies and precautions seriously to support a safe and healthy experience for everyone.
By booking a tee-time at White Squirrel Golf Cluband entering the property,you commit to following the protocols outlinedby the Club as mandated by the Ontario Government. These have been agreedas the best practices to reduce the risk of transmission. These protocols are non-negotiable and White Squirrel Golf Club reserves the right to refuse admission or suspend playing privileges at any time for anyone neglecting to follow the protocols.
General Health and Safety
- Keep a distance of at least 2 meters from others, always.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer. Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.Feel free to bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer for on-course use.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
- Adhere to signage and respect staff instruction.
Before Your Round
- No members or guests will be permitted on site without a tee-time. No inquiry visits; White Squirrel offices remain closed.
- Book your tee-time online at www.whitesquirrelgolfclub.com
- Due to high phone volume we strongly recommend online booking & payment to secure your desired time.
- We can accept phone pre-payments to reduce contact at check-in.
- In anticipation of demand, we will be pairing twosomes and single players up. You will be notified of this at time of booking.
- No back 9 starts are permitted.
- We have increased our tee-time intervals to 10minutes.
- Tee-times will be available from 8:00AM to6:00PM. 9 holes only after 4:30PM. All carts and golfers must be off the course by 8:15PM. No exceptions.
Arriving at the Course
- Please do not arrive at the club more than 15 minutes before your tee-time.
- A greeter will direct you to the parking area at the south end of the property.
- 10 minutes before your tee-time,you can approach the check-in tent to purchase beverages, pick-up cart rental or guest payment. Credit and tap payments only, no cash payments.
- Only one player per group is to approach the counter at a time. If possible, only send one group member to check-in for everyone. Respect social distancing markers while in queue.
- All clubhouse facilities will remain closed. Portable washroom and hand washing sink will be in the first tee vicinity. There will be no on-course portable washroom.
- Club storage will not be available this season. If you have items remaining in your locker, please planto pick them up.
- Carts will be available on a first-come first-served basis. Carts will be single rideronly unless members of the same householdwith valid ID.
- Pull cart rental will be available.
- All players must have their own equipment. Club rental will not be available.
- Power carts and pull carts will be sanitized after each use. Please follow the signs to return your used carts. All garbage and cans must be placed in proper receptacles at cart return.
- Common surfaces such as countertops, door handles, hand washing stations, and payment terminals will be sanitized regularly.
On the Course
- Physical distancing must be followed per Government guidelines.
- The starter will notify your group when you can approach the tee.
- If requested, the starter will provide you with a scorecard and pencil. We encourage you to screenshot the scorecard from our website on your phone or use a score-tracking app.
- We have purchased Pin Caddy devices so you can use your putter to retrieve your ball. Do not touch the flagstick or cup when retrieving your ball. Do not remove the pin.
- We suggest once all golfers have reached the green, the player furthest away putts out and returns to their cart/bag. This will prevent close gatherings around the hole.
- We must still adhere to the regular rules of golf. Play ready golf and keep up to the group in front of you.
- If you catch up to a group on a tee, adhere to social distancing guidelines. Groups not meeting pace of play may be asked to skip holes to catch up.
- Ball washers and bunker rakes have been removed. Smooth bunker sand with your foot to be courteous to the next player.
- Refrain from touching playing partner’s clubs or golf balls.
- Inclement weather: When you hear the inclement weather horn leave the golf course and return to your vehicle immediately. You will be notified by e-mail of your rain check.
After the Round
- No gathering after golf.
- Return your power cart/pull cart to the cart return area. Empty all garbage from your cart.
Food & Beverage
- Food and beverage is limited to pre-packaged items and cold drinks only.
- There will be no mobile beverage cart service offered. Beverages can be purchased prior to round or at the turn.
- We enforce a zero-tolerance policy for outside alcohol. No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the course unless purchased from White Squirrel Golf Club. We reserve the right to revoke playing privileges from any participants bringing outside alcohol.
Thank you for reviewing White Squirrel Golf Club COVID-19 protocols. These are designed to keep everyone safe and healthy; they are non-negotiable. If you have booked on behalf of guests,pleasedirect them to our website to reviewin advance of their arrival at the club. Thank you in advance for your understanding and joining us in keeping golf safe during these difficult times.