Located on the shores of Lake Huron outside of Grand Bend, Ontario, White Squirrel Golf Club is becoming one of the area’s best venues for golf, dining, and entertainment. With a mature golf course as its focal point, White Squirrel is a destination for the community, golfers and visitors alike to enjoy year-round. Come see for yourself what the White Squirrel experience is all about!
Reporting to the Head Golf Superintendent, the Assistant Golf Superintendent will assist in the overall maintenance of our golf course and related properties. You will help implement the overall maintenance of all 18 holes of golf, practice areas and grounds in order to maintain the highest standards. This is a hands-on full-time year round position that starts immediately.
- To assist the Head Golf Superintendent and other personnel in a team approach in the implementation of all maintenance programs and construction projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Assist in the training of staff in the safe operation and care of maintenance equipment.
- Able to balance supervision with the “hands on approach” in getting the job done and setting the proper example with the staff.
- Assist in all irrigation repairs, scheduling and reporting.
- Must be a positive role model and interact positively with all employees and guests.
- Other duties as reasonably requested.
- 3 years turfgrass related experience.
- Preferably at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Community College Turf Management Diploma or equivalent.
- Must hold a valid Ontario Landscape Pesticide Application License and have experience in fertilizer and pesticide application to include disease diagnosis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide supervision, training and direction to employees.
- Be a leader by example and competent in all facets of golf course maintenance.
- Significant experience in irrigation system management and repair.
- Knowledge of any applicable legislation or regulations including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHIMS, First Aid and Safety Training.
- Be able to operate equipment and demonstrate maintenance activities; ability to troubleshoot problems with the irrigation system and resolve.
- Required to work a variety of shifts including weekends, holidays, early mornings
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Ability to lift safely using proper body mechanics
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter and references to [email protected]