Golf Course Maintenance Crew
Located on the shores of Lake Huron outside of Grand Bend, Ontario, White Squirrel Golf Club is becoming one of the area’s best venues for golf, dining, and entertainment. With a mature golf course as its focal point, White Squirrel is a destination for the community, golfers and visitors alike to enjoy year-round. Come see for yourself what the White Squirrel experience is all about!
Reporting to the Head Golf Superintendent and the Assistant Golf Superintendent, golf course maintenance staff will assist in the overall maintenance of our golf course and related properties. This is a hands-on seasonal position that starts immediately.
- To assist the Head Golf Superintendent and other personnel in a team approach in the operation of all maintenance programs and construction projects.
- Daily mowing of Greens, Tees, Fairways and Rough areas using a variety of mechanical equipment
- Daily course set-up, including changing holes, tee block placement, garbage collection
- Use of line trimmers, push mowers, hedgers, backpack and handheld blowers
- Maintenance of the bunkers using hand rakes, landscape rakes and shovels
- Operating of tow-behind blowers, utility vehicles, and some riding equipment
- Other duties as reasonably requested.
- Golf course or landscaping experience an asset.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Understand and take on oral and written directions
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, holidays, early mornings.
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Ability to lift safely using proper body mechanics.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter and references to Head Golf Course Superintendent Sean Harney. Email: [email protected] No phone calls, please.
Name: Sean Harney
Name of Company: White Squirrel Golf Club
Address 1: 72538 Highway 21
City: Zurich, ON
E-mail: [email protected]